Tuesday, June 7, 2016

10 Inspiring Quotes for Book Lovers by Teri Wilson



Hello, lovelies! 

Here at Craftie Ladies, some of us write contemporary romance, some of us write historical and some of us write romantic suspense. But there's something we all have in common: books. We're all devoted book lovers, and I'm guessing that you are too.

So in celebration of the love of reading, here are ten inspiring quotes about books...



There is no friend as loyal as a book.
Ernest Hemingway

Reading is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another's skin, another's voice, another's soul.
Joyce Carol Oates

A book is a dream you hold in your hand. 
Neil Gaiman

There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all. 
Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis

A book is the only place in which you can examine a fragile thought without breaking it.
Edward P. Morgan



I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books. 
Jorge Luis Borges

Once you learn to read, you will be forever free.
Frederick Douglas

We read to know that we are not alone. 
C.S. Lewis 

You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read. It was books that taught me that the things that tormented me most were the very things that connected me with all the people who were alive, or who had been alive. 
James Baldwin 

I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.
Jorge Luis Borges 





8 comments:

  1. Love these, Teri! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the quotes about books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quotes. Thanks, Teri!

    PS: I love to sleep surrounded by books! My TBR pile sits at my bedside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quotes, Teri. And thanks for the pictures from Beauty and the Beast. It's my favorite Disney movie ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Books have always made me feel safe! Love those quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband thinks I'm nuts. As we sleep, we're surrounded by books. I need to get to know this Jorge character :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive