Saturday, April 23, 2016

FEATURED BOOK AND INTERVIEW:Coming Home to Texas by Allie Pleiter



Ellie and the Lawman Leaving behind her big city life, Ellie Buckton can't wait to return to Blue Thorn Ranch—the place she's always considered home, and the perfect place to mend her wounded heart. But she's unprepared for the instant sparks she feels with the town's new lawman, Nash Larson. Strong and steady Nash doesn't want any attachments in his temporary posting. Not with the troubled teens he and Ellie are drafted to work with. And especially not with Ellie or the undeniable feelings she inspires within him. Nash likes to play by the book. But law and order can't always rule when love is concerned…

Interview:
How exciting to have Ellie Buckton the heroine from Coming Home to Texas written by Allie Pleiter  an April 2016 release from Love Inspired Romance.

1.      Ellie, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
            Right now, it’s that I’m no longer engaged to celebrity chef Derek Harding.  It was a whole lot more than “interesting” when I found him getting cozy with my best friend and would-be maid of honor.  I broke it off and came home to my family ranch to heal.
2.  What do you do for fun?
            I knit.  It always makes me feel better to create something.  Our local pastor has talked me into teaching a group of high school girls alongside our new Deputy Sheriff Nash Larson—he’s teaching car repair to the boys while I teach knitting to the girls. I’m grateful for something to occupy my time and my mind, but will it be fun?  Who knows?
3.  What do you put off doing because you dread it?
            Talking to Derek or my boss back at the restaurant where we worked in Atlanta.  I’m not ready to go back to work, and I’m not ready to hear anything Derek has to say.
4.  What are you afraid of most in life?
            That life is going to end up one long string of hurts.  It sure feels like that right now.
5.  What is the most important thing to you?
            Maybe I wouldn’t have said so before the break-up, but right now it’s family.  I need to be near my big brother Gunner and my Gran so I can heal and figure out what to do next.
6.  Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
            Do knitting patterns count?  I’m skipping all the “happily ever after” books right now because I’m not so sure one’s ever coming for me.
7.  If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
            I wish I were stronger.  Or, at least, that people thought of me as stronger.  Right now I just feel defeated.  I’ve been wronged and I’m the one that feels defeated—where’s the fairness in that?
8.  Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
            I don’t, but I care a whole lot about our family ranch’s herd of bison.  Someone’s been threatening them, and I hope Nash can find out who’s behind it.
9. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
            I’d go back to when my mom and dad were alive.  There are so many things I’d want to talk to them about now that I’m an adult.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive