Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Visiting Family

Missy Tippens, here. I'm sorry for a late post today! I've been off schedule since last week, when I went to visit my parents in Kentucky. They don't have Internet, so it's always like a getaway for me.


Photo of me with my mom from 2011


I love going home to visit. This time, it was just me there with my mom and dad. I have to admit, we spent a lot of time eating, talking and watching TV. One of the mornings, we enjoyed eating breakfast at Steak & Shake. A trip there is really fun for them, because they've gotten to know the waitresses--who bring them their "regular" as soon as they spot them. They also call them by name. :)

There's something really cool about being known that way. When someone knows your name, and your likes and dislikes. Good friends and family are that way. They know our strengths and weaknesses. And they love us anyway.

But God knows us even better, inside and out, our thoughts, our hopes, our hurts. And God loves us beyond measure. Sometimes, it's hard to believe that. But what joy to rest in the fact.

Who's someone in your life who knows you well and loves you?

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had such an enjoyable visit with your parents, Missy. I get to see my mom this coming weekend when I head up to my niece's baby shower. Fun times await me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun, Keli! Our niece and nephew are going to be having twins before long. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and my close friends. I wish my mom I had that kind of relationship with my mother. but alas, I never have. We've never been close and now I'm not sure if she'd know me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missy, loved seeing the pic of your mom. Do you look more like her or your dad? How special to have that time with both your parents.

    Time with family is always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terri, I'm sorry to hear that. But I'm glad you have it with friends and your husband.

    Debby, I do look a lot like my mother. But I think I have my dad's smile. My middle son looks a lot like my dad when he was young. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that photo of you and your Mom, Missy! How special you had some time to visit with your parents - - what a blessing.
    Not a day goes by that I don't miss my precious parents so much---they were my very best friends.
    But the Lord has blessed me with an abundance of family and friends (and cats too, LOL) so I'm very thankful.
    Hugs, Patti Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patti Jo, I try my best not to take my parents for granted!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive