Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Pinterest, anyone?


HI Terri Reed here wondering if you all use Pinterest and if so for what purpose?

My daughter is teaching me how to use it.  She finds all sorts of interesting pictures and recipes.  I know many writers use Pinterest to keep track of the visual images for their books.  That is what I'm starting to do.  I have a board with my covers.  And I just uploaded pictures to a board for my current project, the second book in my Northern Border Patrol series.  http://www.pinterest.com/terrireed188/northern-border-patrol-book-2/

The first book in the series came out yesterday.  I think the art department did a fabulous job with the cover.
Here are the pictures I sent of the hero and heroine and the setting.






UNSAFE TERRITORY 
When a mysterious toxin threatens lives and livelihoods near the border between the U.S. and Canada, Dr. Tessa Cleary is called to trace the source. But when the no-nonsense doctor is forced to work with border patrol agent Jeff Steele, she finds the lone wolf's dedication to his job—and country—chipping away at the walls around her heart. Just as Tessa and Jeff are about to uncover the toxin's deadly source, armed thugs kidnap them in the forest. Now they must trust each other to survive before time runs out for everyone. 
Northern Border Patrol: Keeping the U.S.–Canadian border safe

11 comments:

  1. Love the cover. I don't understand Pinterest although I've used it to find photos for covers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cover, Terri. I create a board using Pinterest for each book. It lets the reader see what I had in mind when I wrote the book with pics of the h/h and the scenery of where the book is set. Besides, it's lots of fun. Also, I think it helps the reader feel more involved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cover, Terri. The art department did a super job incorporating your vision for it.

    I resisted Pinterest for the longest time but broke down and joined over a few months back. I was afraid it would be a huge time drain, but it's not. I work on my boards when I want for as long as I want. It's a great place to save visuals for book ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merriilee, I'm with you. I keep having to ask the daughter to show me AGAIN how to pin a photo, how to search for something specific. I'm afraid when she goes back to college, I'll get stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leann, thanks. I kept hearing that readers like to see visuals that go with the books. The book I'm working on now is set all over the place so not sure what the cover will hold. I always look forward to seeing what the art department does.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keli, that's a good reminder to me to work on it as I want and not feel I have to.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have such a hard time finding pics for cover suggestions. Pinterest is on my to-do list. ;) It sounds like a good place to move a lot of my bonus features such as location pics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandra yes that would be a good place to put your pics. The nice thing is you can add and subtract at will.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome cover, Terri!

    While I have a Pinterest account and a couple of boards, I think I've avoided it on purpose. It definitely has the power to suck me in for endless hours of perusing and time wasting. But, oh, the fun I'd have. Not to mention the great ideas I'd come away with. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the title, cover and your hero pic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't "get" Pinterest. But I love your books. Looking forward to reading the latest!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive