Sunday, September 21, 2014

FEATURED BOOK AND INTERVIEW: RESCUING THE TEXAN'S HEART BY MINDY OBENHAUS








Melting His Heart 
Cash Coble is desperate for a change. After working in the family business for ten years, he's stressed out and overworked. When he heads to Colorado to visit his ailing grandfather, he finds his mood lifted by the beautiful woman living next door. After a troubled past, ice climber Taryn Purcell isn't looking for love. Especially not with a charming Texan who's consumed by work. But there's something about Cash that captures her heart. Never one to back down from a challenge, Taryn promises to show Cash how to carve out a happy life—one that includes her.


INTERVIEW:
How exciting to have Taryn Purcell the heroine from Rescuing the Texan’s Heart written by Mindy Obenhaus, a September 2014 release from Love Inspired Romance.

1.  Taryn, tell me the most interesting thing about you.

I’m a mountain guide, meaning that I take people on climbing expeditions. Ouray, Colorado, where I live, is surrounded by thirteen and fourteen thousand foot peaks, so there is plenty of adventure to be had. However, the thing that people would probably find most interesting is that I am an avid ice climber.

2.  What do you do for fun?

            Because I get to do what I love, my job is always fun. When I’m not climbing, though, I enjoy anything I can do outdoors. I also love to bake.

3.  What do you put off doing because you dread it?

            Just about anything that involves opening up to someone. There are a few flaws in my past that I prefer to keep hidden. Even my parents don’t know the truth about the time I spent in Texas.

4.  What are you afraid of most in life?

            Losing my heart to someone and then having them throw it back at me.

5.  What is the most important thing to you?

            Family.

6.  Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?

            I don’t have a lot of time to read, but my best friend, Blakely, has given me a few of those romance novels she reads. Honestly, I was surprised how good they were. Not corny, like I expected.

7.  If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

            I wish that I were more open to the possibility of falling in love. But you know the old saying, once bitten, twice shy.
           
8.  Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?

            Scout is more than my pet, she’s my baby. I found her as a pup, someone had abandoned her by a dumpster. I fell in love with her the moment I laid eyes on her and we’ve been together ever since. She’s my closest confidant. I can tell her anything and she loves me anyway.

9. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?


            Back to that fateful day in the student union at the University of North Texas. This time, I would turn around and walk right out the door, instead of allowing myself to fall for that smooth-talking jerk. Then again, I was every bit as shallow as he was. Without the heartache, I’d still be just as wretched as he was. And I wouldn’t know Jesus. Yes, life can be hard, but if we learn from our experiences, it’s all worth it.

2 comments:

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive