Saturday, September 13, 2014

FEATURED BOOK AND INTERVIEW: COWBOY TO THE RESCUE BY LOUISE M. GOUGE

Captivated by the cowboy 
Though Georgia belle Susanna Anders agrees to accompany her father on a silver prospecting trip to Colorado, her heart belongs to the South. Then charming cowboy Nate Northam saves her father's life and gives them shelter at his ranch. Feeling gratitude is only natural, but falling for a Yankee? Both of their families would be outraged. 
While Susanna's father recovers at the Northams' home, Nate can't help being drawn to the sweet Southern beauty…and wishing he were free to think of courtship. That is until shocking revelations compel both Nate and Susanna to choose where their loyalties lie—fettered to the past or to the promise of a bold new love…. 
Four Stones Ranch: Love finds a home out West

INTERVIEW:
How exciting to have Nate Northam, the hero from Cowboy to the Rescue, written by Louise M. Gouge, a September 2014 release from Love Inspired Historical Romance.

1.  Nate, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
Interesting? I don’t know about interesting. I’m just an ordinary cowboy. Well, I guess I’m a little more than a cowboy, because my family owns the ranch. Yeah, so I guess I’m a rancher. But that’s not to say I don’t work as hard as or harder than our hired hands. I’m the oldest of four children and have two brothers and a sister. That means I have a responsibility to set a good example for them. I try real hard to do that.
2.  What do you do for fun?
Fun? Well, now, there’s not much time for fun on a ranch, but I do enjoy helping to build our growing community. I really like barn raisings, when all my neighbors work together to help each other, and especially the picnic that goes along with it. A side of beef roasting on an open pit all day. All the ladies bringing their best dishes to share. Makes me hungry just to think about it. A barn dance in the new barn at the end of the day. Dancing with a pretty little southern gal named Susanna Anders. Can’t get much more fun than that.
3.  What do you put off doing because you dread it?
Promise you won’t let this get out, but I dread reporting ranch issues to my dad, whom everyone calls the Colonel (yes, with a capital C). Seems I can’t ever please the man. He’s too busy coddling my next younger brother, Rand, who’s doing all he can to be a genuine prodigal son. The Colonel served with distinction under General Sherman in the War, so his favoritism for his lazy son doesn’t make much sense to me.
4.  What are you afraid of most in life?
I’m afraid I’ll become like the older brother in Jesus’ story in the Bible about the prodigal son. Yes, I’m the one who works hard all the time. Yes, my brother Rand is irresponsible and gets out of work to go gambling whenever he can. But I figure the older brother, while he had an honest beef about the whole situation, was pretty self-righteous. That’s being a Pharisee, and I don’t want to be that. Jesus condemned those who were proud of their own righteousness. Makes me shudder just to think about not pleasing the Lord.
5.  What do you want out of life?
I’d like to get married—to Miss Susanna, of course, build my own home down the road from the big house on the ranch, raise some children. I love the land and the work we do on it, so this is where I want to stay.
6.  What is the most important thing to you?
Working hard, taking care of my family, pleasing the Lord, all so I can look at myself in the mirror every day without shame.
7.  If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I do have a tendency to want to do everything perfectly, probably because the Colonel will yell at me if I don’t. I’d like to be able to relax and not worry about such things quite so much.
8.  Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
Oh, yeah. We have a passel of dogs on the ranch. The Colonel brought them over from Scotland to herd cattle. It’s an experiment that has more or less success, but you can’t beat those cute little critters for companionship.
9. Can you tell us a little interesting tidbit about the time period you live in?


Not having lived in any other time, I can’t think of much, except that people in our community help each other out. We care about each other. We all go to church and try to live the way the Lord wants us to. I can’t think of any better way to live.

2 comments:

  1. Great interview with Nate, Louise! Spotted the September books at two of my local Walmart's this week-Love your cover!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive