Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Christmas...a bit early! By Roxanne Rustand

Howdy from the colorful Upper Midwest, where the leaves are turning crimson and gold.

I love this time of year and always wish it could last a lot longer...yet today I'm jumping ahead to a feeling of cheery Christmas thoughts.  Which seems crazy, given our beautiful fall weather.  But....

While working on some new proposals for Love Inspired and Love Inspired Suspense, I  took a little side adventure into indie publishing, with three books of my own, plus a novella for an anthology that proved to be great fun.

Fourteen authors contributed full-length novels and novellas for  the "Sweet Christmas Kisses" anthology which is releasing today on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and  in a variety of other e-formats. These are all sweet (very mild) stories or inspirationals, and as of this morning it is #2 on the Inspirational Romance Kindle sales list. Which may be a very temporary state of affairs, but it's nice to see that people do like to read stories that are sweet and not all at racy.  It's over 1600 pages--so needless to say, it's an e-book and not in print!  :)

The top cover is for my novella within that anthology,  which let me relive the trip my husband and I took to the Scottish Highlands this spring.  What beautiful country it was...and what lovely, welcoming and gracious people!
                                    Better yet, it seemed as if every local person had a dog at their side, even in
stores and in many of the quaint pubs where we stopped for supper.
There were darling little West Highland terriers there in abundance,  so I made sure to include one of them in my novella: a story about a woman who receives an unexpected inheritance, but must travel to Scotland to receive it...and then finds she had no idea about what that inheritance entails.  :)

Do you like to read holiday-themed fiction when Thanksgiving, Christmas and Valentine's Day roll around? For those of you who are writers, so you prefer writing a story that is tied to a holiday season, or would you rather not?

Best wishes to everyone for a beautiful autumn, wherever you are!

Roxanne Rustand

7 comments:

  1. Roxanne, your novella sounds terrific. I absolutely love the British Isles but have yet to travel to Scotland. It is next on my list. I know when I read your book I will be wanting to go there now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your indie pubbing venture. This sounds like a wonderful collection. Call me traditional, but I prefer to shift into Christmas mode after Thanksgiving. That's true for other holidays too, so I save up holiday books until the holiday season is in full swing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting about your collection, Roxanne! I'm happy to hear it'd doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading holiday stories. It helps me get in the Christmas mode, and last Christmas when I was going through chemo, it was a life line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a sucker for a cover with a dog on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roxanne, Your novella songs great! I've always loves reading stories set around Thanksgiving and Christmas! And I like writing them, too. I look forward to reading your novella!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I wasn't here to answer anyone yesterday. Thanks so much for the comments!

    The e-book anthology is now at (however temporarily!):

    #1 Inspirational,
    #2 romantic comedy
    #3 romantic anthologies

    and we are all hoping it will keep climbing on the Top 100 paid list. One thing for sure---no one could complain about the amount they get for 99 cents ---1600 pages! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive