Sunday, July 20, 2014

Flood Zone Interview

Today we're welcoming Dallas Black, the hero of Flood Zone, written by Dana Mentink, a July release by Love Inspired Suspense

Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.   
1.  Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense. My life kind of works that way. If there’s a hard way to do something, I’m going to find it. I was asked to keep an eye on Mia Sandoval because her drug king pin husband was tracking her every move even from jail. Turns out, he was the least of her problems. See what I mean by doing things the hard way?
2.  So, during the book you met Mia again.  Tell us a bit about him/her.  What was your first impression?  When did you know it was love? She’s small, determined, stubborn. And mistakes? She’s made almost as many as I have, but when I saw her taking care of her daughter Gracie, and sacrificing everything to give her a chance at a future, well, who could resist that?   
3.  What strengths/skills do you have?  What is your greatest weakness?  I’m street smart, athletic, calm under pressure. My greatest weakness is assuming I can handle everything on my own.        
4.  What scares you? Missing out on a chance to rescue someone. It’s my job, after all. My dog and I do search and rescue and when you don’t come through, when you know someone’s out there scared or hurting and you can’t get to them, that scares me.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Guess I’d learn how to talk to women better. They’re a mystery to me, like the Easter Island statues or something. Incomprehensible.  
6.  Where are you in your faith at the start of your story? Got faith in God, not in myself.     
7.  Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?  I’ve realized that faith in God is enough to transcend self doubt. Took me long enough, but I finally got that down. Slow learner.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story.  Tell us why this scripture is significant.     Trust in the Lord with all your heart;do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do and he will show you which path to take. Proverbs 3:5-6.I’ve always wanted to do things myself, you know? Trust in my own skills and abilities? Then suddenly I realized I don’t have enough skill or ability. That’s when God finally got my full attention.
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?
A sugar doughnut. Personally, I don’t like sweets, but Mia does so if I can make her happy, that’s good enough for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive