Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Homecoming Blessing

Jean C. Gordon here. No matter what my story, all of my books seem to have coming home or finding home as an underlying
theme. This week we have our own family homecoming theme. My daughter and son-in-law and family are returning home after working for a year in Guam -- she as a midwife at a public health clinic and he for a USDA/Guam Department of Agriculture program to encourage sustainability farming.

The younger generation has already arrived, tired but happy, along
with their lab mix Mr. Buttons. Our daughter and son-in-law are expected tomorrow. A new family member, Zori (pictured to the right) is coming with them. Then, on Thursday, yet another new family member, Appa (with Mr. Buttons on the beach) is coming. Stray dogs are a big problem on Guam, and our family has done their part to help relieve the problem.

So, I'm feeling very blessed that we'll soon all be back together at Tinhorn Farm.

What has you feeling blessed this week?

9 comments:

  1. Jean, what a joyous, exuberant household you will have! I've been feeling very blessed lately to still have my dad around. He went through a difficult surgery this spring and is recovering nicely, praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean, how wonderful that you'll have your family together again. I'm feeling blessed that we live near our sweet granddaughters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to have your daughter and son-in-law coming home. I'm sure that will be a joyous reunion.

    I'm feeling blessed because our daughter, A French-German major who spent the last school year as an English language teaching assistant in France, is here for the summer. We've gotten in some good visits. Have to make the most of our time with her because she's headed to Austria this fall to take up her position as a Fulbright English language assistant there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean, how happy you must be that you'll have your family together again. My daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter just left for another state so I won't be seeing them again anytime soon. Heartbreaking for me. But counting my blessings that my daughter found happiness. We celebrated her wedding last weekend before the big move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jean, that sounds wonderful!! I'm so happy everyone is going to be together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally able to come back and check in. Sound like a lot of us are thankful for time with our families this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally able to come back and check in. Sound like a lot of us are thankful for time with our families this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how fun! I love having the grand dog here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, should have said I also love having the kids come home. Not just the dog. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive