Sunday, December 15, 2013

Return of the Cowboy Doctor Interview

How exciting to have Maxwell White, the hero from Return of the Cowboy Doctor written by Lacy Williams, a December 2013 release from Love Inspired Historical.

1.  Maxwell, tell me the most interesting thing about you.

I’m a medical student. I love learning about human anatomy, and I can’t wait to be finished with my studies and practice medicine. There are a lot of folks who need medical help and not enough doctors to go around.

2.  What do you do for fun?

I love spending time with my family. Jonas adopted me when I was fourteen, and being a part of his big family (seven adopted brothers, Breanna, and now Jonas and Penny’s two young children…) is sometimes-crazy, but there’s a lot of love to go around. It’s a big change from the life I grew up in and I’m thankful, even if the brothers get a little carried away at times…

3.  What do you put off doing because you dread it?

Um… talking to females. My schooling was hit-and-miss as a child and I never really learned how to relate to the opposite sex… and being shy doesn’t help. I’m just not good at it, so I tend to steer clear of most girls, if I can help it.

4.  What are you afraid of most in life?

My brothers finding out I write poetry… kidding. Mostly.
I’m afraid that all the things my birth ma told me about being worthless and ending up alone are going to come true. I haven’t been able to finish my schooling and the two girls I was sweet on in college let me go… what if my ma was right?

5.  What do you want out of life?

To help people. I’ve been in situations where only a doctor can help (when I broke my arm, for one), and I know that out here in the West doctors are in high demand. I want to be there for the folks in my community… and I wouldn’t mind finding a woman to share that dream with me.

6.  What is the most important thing to you?

My family. When the cholera outbreak happened, I got real scared that Penny (my adoptive ma) would get sick and die. She’s the only woman who’s really loved me for me.

7.  Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?

I don’t, but my little sister’s scruffy white dog has taken to following me around. The thing is a pain, but Hattie seems to think it’s cute, so I’ll put up with the orneriness…

9. Can you tell us a little interesting tidbit about the time period you live in?

There are a lot of medical advances happening. Doctors are starting to figure out about germs and how cleanliness can prevent infection, but there’s not a lot of consistency in medical practices, yet. If docs don’t keep up with their education, they can be practicing “old” medicine that maybe isn’t best for the patient.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive