Sunday, October 27, 2013

Life gets back to normal, but lessons are learned.

I have been a bit scarce on this blog, and for that I am sorry.
We lost a family member two weeks ago today, and his passing still stings. He was 21, and he died in a car accident.
And in these terrible days since, I've discovered how complex grieving is. I've lost family members before, but when it is one so young, so full of life, we who are older pause, and feel it deeply. I  was mad even at him for dying and hurting us all. It's crazy, but that was how I felt.
And if there is anything I can take out of this, is the comfort of Jesus' words when he said, "No one can snatch you from my hands."
God loves us, and even though we sin and make tons of mistakes, his love endures forever.
Another thing that has caught me in all this is that when our younger generation, our children, our grandchildren, even, do dumb things and we want to yell at them, we must remember that God is the one in charge here. God loves all of us sinners, and only after asking for His guidance and through Christian love can we approach anyone else. So soon we and our loved ones are separated, and we must answer all in love.
Next time your son or daughter acts up, remember to stop a moment, pray and above all, tell him or her that you love them.
We're slowly returning to a 'normal' life without Logan, but we ask for comfort (yes, if you are hurting too, ask God to comfort *you*, and he will) and wisdom. Grief is difficult and complex and turns into a terrible slurry of emotions, but in the midst of that, as we sang at Logan's funeral:

The sun comes up; it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes

Lyrics taken from http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/m/matt_redman/10000_reasons_bless_the_lord.html

Love your children, your family, and in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus, and God will be there lifting you up in your struggles.
Today is Sunday. Attend the church of your choice.
Blessings,
Barbara Phinney

5 comments:

  1. Barbara, I am so sorry for the loss. Only God can comfort you in that situation, but my prayers will be that you and your family will find peace in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Leeann. It was difficult in church today. But out in the garden a few minutes ago, I felt the Lord ask my why I mourn, for Logan is with Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying you will feel the Lord's comfort and know He is with you. I am very sorry for your loss, and am adding you and your family to my prayer list.
    Gentle hugs, Patti Jo
    1 Peter 5:7

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so sorry for your loss I know how hard it was to lose mum last year but I was expecting it but to lose someone suddenly and so young would be so much harder.
    praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, Patti Jo, your kindness and grace is a blessing to me. A young man I know read this post and appreciated as he is also grieving.
    God bless you this week.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive