Monday, June 17, 2013

Misfit Monday


Linda Goodnight here, talking about misfits. Know any? No doubt, some of us color outside the lines more than others. In school, those kids are either revered or the object of ridicule. With the recent media focus on bullying, I got to thinking. What happens when those kids grow up? What kind of adults do they become?

In Baby in His Arms, my latest book from Love Inspired, (which should be hitting the shelves this week) I address this topic, both from a child’s and from an adult’s perspective. In fact, the heroine and the hero both know what it feels like to be the odd man out, though in very different ways.

So tell me, have you (or your child) ever felt like a misfit? What did you do?

Now, before I go, I must say one more very important thing: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my beautiful daughter, Sundy!
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Every single blessed day. I have times when I see it for the blessing it is and other times when I struggle.

    But I finally have made peace with who God created me to be and try to go with the flow.

    Can't wait for your book!

    Peace, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an only child. I think sometimes the misfit happens because fun events are often meant for groups. We went to mud mania recently. The kids had to compete in groups of three. If you have an only child, they compete against people they don't know, often the people know each other. But, socially, it means onlys have to learn to make friends easily LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, I know what you mean! I've always felt like a square peg in a round world. Maybe it's the way of us writers...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pamela, that makes me sad. But as you said, he has to learn to make friends fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, what a great subject to tackle in a book. I'm sure it'll be an emotion packed story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't be too sad. I was raised an only child. In case you've not guessed, I'm someone who organizes. I went with my friend Michelle and her kids. Mike wasn't alone. That is probably my only complaint about my own childhood... I remember always wishing there was a kid along.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive