Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Reviews

Terri Reed here.  I'm racing toward a deadline and coming up for air.  This weekend I received a google alert on my name.  When I clicked on the link I found a review of my upcoming May book, Scent of Danger, on a legal news site.  Very interesting place to find a mention of my book!
 http://legalpronews.findlaw.com/article/0aDS9G5fyz0Hh?q=crime+OR+criminal+OR+arrested
From there you have to click on the link to the full article at Fresh Fiction.  The reviewer, Clare O'Beara gave Scent of Danger a favorable review!  For those of you who aren't familiar with Fresh Fiction, its a book review site of popular genre fiction.  I highly recommend stopping in to check out the site.

Which reminds me,  Romantic Times Magazine recently reviewed this book as well.

Here it is:


SCENT OF DANGER
by Terri Reed
Genre: SeriesLove Inspired SuspenseCurrent Series Imprints
RT Rating
SCENT OF DANGER (4.5) by Terri Reed: Detective Melody Zachary is shocked to find an intruder in her office at the local youth center where she volunteers. Melody does not believe that the break-in is coincidental, but instead related to the unsolved death of her nephew, Daniel. Then, Detective Parker Adams appears, investigating rumors of drug deals at the center. Meanwhile, local crime lord “The Boss” is still at large, seeking the mysterious “code.” Are the center, and Daniel, linked to the “code”? Can Parker help Melody — and keep her alive? This fast-paced tale, punctuated with determined characters who tie in nicely with the other books, continues the collaborative Texas K-9 Unit series.(Reviewed by:  Leslie McKee)


Speaking of reviews, what do you all think of reviews?
Do reviews influence your book buying?
Personally, I try not to let reviews influence my enjoyment or displeasure in a book.  Or a movie, for that matter.  As a writer reviews are part of the business.  I am happy when someone likes my book enough to give it a favorable review and I shrug off the unfavorable.  Reviews are out of my control.  And if we all liked the same type of story or movie, there wouldn't be much variety.  I like variety.
What about you?

4 comments:

  1. I value reviews if I'm buying a book online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 4.5 stars and great review, Terri!

    I do look at reviews--usually look at a couple of the top ones and a couple of the lower ones. I like a balanced view. Then I can make my decision about buying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting, ladies. I may start looking at reviews more often. I guess. Though Missy I like what you do. I'll try that. I do look at reviews for hotels. Trip advisor is a great place to find out what people have to say about a hotel prior to booking. I just put up a review over there about the Paris hotel I recently stayed in.
    In fact, Trip advisor is a good resource for all sorts of travel reviews. We took the Eurostar from London to Paris. I read the reviews beforehand. Some were favorable, others not so much. I enjoyed the trip on the train. Hmmm, maybe I need to go do a review of Eurostar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read reviews but if the book look s good I don't worry too much if the review is good or bad. I read my own reviews to learn things about my writing. I've learned to take them with a grain of salt.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive