Monday, January 21, 2013

What Scares You?

Hi, this is Margaret Daley here. I hope everyone is enjoying Martin Luther King's birthday. Talk about a brave man. But I'm sure like anyone he had fears, too.


One of the questions asked of the heroines is what scares you. I started thinking about that. What really scares me? Here’s my list: something happening to my husband, son or granddaughters (or for that matter anyone I care about), a tornado hitting my area, snakes, not pleasing the Lord (He’s done so much for me), not being able to write a book (drying up), rats, feeling trapped in a place (I was stranded in an elevator twice--not a pretty picture), not having a clean toilet (no, not really, I just threw that in to see if you were still reading), and probably a lot of other things I can’t think of because I haven’t had them happen to me or someone I know.

I will say researching different methods of murder that I wouldn’t want to be murdered or left in a casket alive underground. I could go on and on, but I’m sure you are ready instead to share what scares you.

So fess up—what scares you?

5 comments:

  1. All of the above :( And am reminded of the verse we often give our characters: Perfect Love casts out fear. So grateful and reassured that even through the worst God promises to never leave or forsake us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The writing life offers ample opporunity for fear, but as Sandra pointed out, the Lord can cast out fear. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snakes!!! I can hardly even look at a picture of them without a shudder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say if I ever get stuck in the elevator I want to be stuck with someone (not an axe murderer). I have balance issues which elevators make way worse.

    what scares me Dogs. I have a major fear of them. there is one that is on the walk I take if I see him out although I have never seen it chase anyone I can not go past there. I am ok with a few dogs I have gotten to know but even a small dog will scar me to the point of screaming and really freaking out. Have been known to end up crying when one comes near me and scares me enough.

    I am not big on big spiders but getting better.

    up til last year drs and hospitals were high on my list but I have overcome both of those fears.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive