Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Stalking Interview



Today we're welcoming Ellie St. James, the heroine of Christmas Stalking by Margaret Daley, November 2012, Love Inspired Suspense. 

Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.   
1.  Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.
I work for Guardians, Inc., an agency of female bodyguards. I was hired to protect Winnie Winfield, but without her knowledge so I was "hired" as her new assistant. I grew up in Chicago and had a brother who died young. Kids made fun of him, and I had to protect him. I couldn't wait to get out of my neighborhood and join the armed forces. 
2.  So, during the book you met Colt Winfield.  Tell us a bit about him.  What was your first impression?  When did you know it was love?  
I pulled a gun on him because I thought he was an intruder who was after Winnie. Then he had the nerve to put my gun into the safe. I knew I loved him when I trusted him as I never had trusted a man.
3.  What strengths/skills do you have?  What is your greatest weakness? 
I am very good at my job of protecting others. I know how to shoot and fight. I know how to stand on my own two feet. I like my independence. I try to do things for myself. But that can be a weakness. I'm discovering I can't do everything by myself, that I get lonely and that I have a hard time forgiving my mother.       
4.  What scares you?
Failing to protect someone.   
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
My determination to do everything on my own--sometimes I am lonely.
6.  Where are you in your faith at the start of your story? 
I believe in the Lord, but I need to control my life. I haven't learned to give my trust to God, that he is really in control.    
7.  Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?
I have learned that the Lord is in control and that I can draw my strength from Him, that I need to forgive if I truly want to live to the fullest.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story.  Tell us why this scripture is significant.
For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. Matthew 6:14
Neither Colt nor Ellie could forgive people in their past. They had to realize they needed to forgive to move forward in their lives.  
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?
I try to stay away from sweets, but when I can't, anything chocolate is what I want.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive