Friday, November 16, 2012

Ask Elnora--About Writing A Short Story--Lenora Worth

It's Third Friday Writing! Elnora has to hurry out the door and get back to the fabulous Les Boutique de Noel Christmas Market, where I'm hosting a booth with my friend and co-writer Anne Dier Wilson. We put together a book that features her wonderful, spirit-filled memoirs and Bible lessons and my "Shoe Therapy" devotionals. (It's not just about shoes, however.) The book is titled "Take Off Your Shoes" and all the proceeds go to the Volunteers of America. If you'd like to order a copy, they are priced at $17.95, plus tax and shipping. You can go to the Volunteers of America website: www.voanorthla.org (Just contact them through the contact address) In the meantime, I thought since it's writing day, why don't we all come up with a short, short story for this picture. I took this while we were in Arkansas. Can you create a two or three paragraph short tale about this picture. Remember to let your characters tell the story. When I have spare moments, I'll check in and see how we're doing!

3 comments:

  1. 'So Aunty how'd you met Uncle?' Katie asked.
    "I needed some air partway through my younger sister's garden wedding reception. The sun was just setting so I wondered away to find some quiet. Found myself walking along and gazing at the sunset and heard this voice over my shoulder
    'I was so enchanted by your beauty that I ran into that wall over there. So I am going to need your name and number for insurance purposes.'
    'If that's the best line you've got you need your in trouble' I replied.
    'I got it off google. But for the effort could I at least get your name.'
    I laughed and told him my name was Alisha. We chatted for a bit and then I agreed to one date and the rest is best for another time. And now my favourite niece. It's time for you to not keep that nice young man waiting get down that aisle!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute. Thanks for being so brave.!! I wondered if everyone had left the planet!! Sweet story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, yep I was wondering what happened or maybe busy with thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive