Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Doctor's Defender Interview


Today we're welcoming Kyle Martin, the hero of The Doctor’s Defender by Terri Reed, an October 2012 release from Love Inspired Suspense. 

Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.   
1.  Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense. I’m an ex-Navy SEAL turned bodyguard.  I live in Boston and work wherever the assignment takes me. 
2.  So, during the book you met Doctor Brenda Storm.  Tell us a bit about her.  What was your first impression?  When did you know it was love?  Wow, my first impression of the doctor was she was one uptight lady in her white lab coat and black slacks  but then I noticed she had wore red heels and I knew there was more to her than met the eye.  I think I fell in love somewhere between “Hello.” and “No way are you my bodyguard!” LOL.  It took some convincing to assure her I could keep her safe.
3.  What strengths/skills do you have? My charming personality?  Oh, wait, I don’t think Brenda thinks I’m charming.  So maybe it’s that I’m calm under pressure.
What is your greatest weakness? Some people say I’m too irreverent.  I suppose that’s true and I would hazard a guess it’s a coping mechanism.  But who knows. I’m not into self-analyzing too much.  I’ll leave that to Brenda.          
4.  What scares you? Loosing someone I’m protecting.  I lost a buddy during a conflict and I never want to go through that again.   
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?  Hmmm, good question. I’ll have to think about it.  Hmm, maybe not.  That would require self-analyzing.   
6.  Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?  I believe in God but I don’t fully trust Him.     
7.  Where are you in your faith at the end of the story? Trusting Him and realizing how much He has in store for me, so much more than I ever dreamed.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story.  Tell us why this scripture is significant.
‘I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him I will trust.”  Psalms 91:2

For me this verse speaks about how we can always count of God and its safe to trust him.
    
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?
Good old fashioned Apple Pie.  Sweet and tart, gooey and crusty all at once. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive