Sunday, October 21, 2012

Once Upon a Christmas Interview


 
Today's guests are Jared McCreedy and Maggie McCreedy, the hero and Heroine from Pamela Tracy's October 2012 book Once Upon a Christmas.  What a pleasure.  This is the first time we had both main characters show up.
 
So, tell me some interesting things about you.
Jared:  Since marrying Maggie, I'm into social events I never dreamed existed in Roanoke, Iowa.  Before Maggie, I don't think I was too interesting.  Ask my sons.  They'll tell you the same.
Maggie:  Don't listen to him.  He's the dark and brooding type.  You should see his home, his farm, his world.  He's the most interesting man in the world.
Jared:  Now.
Maggie:  What's interesting about me is that I go a mile a minute.  I like doing things with my hands.  I sew, I cook, I still like to play.
Jared:  She gets on the swing set back home even!
Maggie [patting a slight tummy bulge]:  Well, I'll be a bit more care the next few months.
 
Wow, you are interesting.  And, congrats!  It's not often we find out what happens in the characters' lives after the book comes out.  What do you do for fun?
Jared: Sit on the porch and watch our children.
Maggie: Sit on the porch and watch our children.  On the weekends, we go to lots of rummage sales, garage sales, and farmer's markets.  I'm always looking for inventory for my vintage clothing store.
 
What do you put off doing because you dread it?
Jared and Maggie:  Disciplining the  children!
Jared:  Before their mother died, my children were well behaved.  We hit a few bumps after that.  Okay, not a few. 
Maggie:  My daughter has ADD.  Life is never dull in our household.
 
How about what you, specifically put off doing?
Jared:  I put off getting the turkey hens that our nesting out of my wheat.
Maggie:  Spoken like a true farmer.  I put off getting rid of old clothes that are beyond repair because I keep thinking I'll come up with a new idea on how to work on them.  I never do.
 
What are you afraid of most in life?
Jared:  Being alone. 
Maggie:  You're never alone.  God is always with
Jared: Feeling alone.
Maggie:  With me, my daughter, your kids, and Uncle Billy, I doubt that will ever happen again.  As for me, I'm afraid that I need to be doing things different with my daughter.  I worry about the choices we make.
Jared: She's a worrier.
 
What do you want out of life?
Jared:  I want to grow old with Maggie and watch my grandchildren play while I sit on my front porch.
Maggie:  The same, but I want our children to stick fairly close and to know God and be happy.
 
What is the most important thing to you?
Jared and Maggie:  That our children know God and never leave him.
 
If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
Jared:  I'd have been there for my first wife when she was so sick and trying to do everything.  I'd also have been more of a big brother to my little brother.
Maggie:  Pretty much the same.  My first husband died in Afghanistan.  There are so many things I wish I could tell him now.  I understand a few things I didn't know before.
 
Do you have pets?
Jared:  Our dog Captain Rex is the main house pet.  We have a farm.  The kids name all the animals.
Maggie: I have more pets now than I've ever had in my whole life.  I even have a favorite cow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive