Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Bridal Swap Interview

How exciting to have Kate Morgan, the heroine from The Bridal Swap written by Karen Kirst, a March 2012 release from Love Inspired Romance .

1. Kate Morgan, tell me the most interesting thing about you.

I’m a photographer, a profession usually reserved for men. I count myself fortunate that, because of my family’s wealth and connections, I’m able to afford

the equipment. And in our estate, there’s ample wall space for me to display my work. I’ve taken countless photos of my hometown, New York City, but now I’m looking forward to traveling to East Tennessee and taking some of the mountains and farms there.

2. What do you do for fun?

While photography is my passion, I also enjoy helping our gardener plant and care for our vast gardens. I’m a voracious reader, as well. I spend many hours in our library. I’ll be taking a crate or two of my favorite works with me to Tennessee.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?

Much of the time, I dread facing my mother. She adores my sister, Francesca, who can seemingly do no wrong. I, however, am a puzzle and disappointment to her. Currently, I dread facing Francesca’s fiancé. I meant, ex-fiancé , only he doesn’t know it yet. It’s been left to me to break the news to him, that she’s already married someone else. This isn’t going to be easy, I’m afraid.

4. What are you afraid of most in life?

Of being alone. Of never experiencing love. I haven’t been blessed with loving relationships in my life.

5. What do you want out of life?

I long for a family of my own to love and cherish. Professionally, I’d like to pursue my dream of setting up my own photography studio. I’m not sure that will be possible, however. My parents would have a fit if I entered the working classes.

6. What is the most important thing to you?

God first, then family.

7. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

At times, I’ve been naïve and too trusting. If I could go back, I’d change some decisions that drastically altered my life and even now, threatens my chance of future happiness.

Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?

I don’t have any pets, but I do like horses. It’s not easy riding side-saddle, but I’m accustomed to it.

8. Can you tell us a little interesting tidbit about the time period you live in?

It’s 1880, and I’m excited about all the technological progress we’re making, the new inventions that will make our lives interesting and easier. The invention of the dry plate for our cameras, for instance, makes it possible to capture an image and not have to develop it right away. No more traveling dark tents. I’d better stop there. Once I get started on this subject, it’s hard to stop.

Have a nice day!

4 comments:

  1. ooh, I'm fascinated by this topic "Kate". Have you ever had any of your photos made into postcards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to meet you Kate! I'm hoping to read your story shortly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra, what a lovely idea! I have not. I'm actually thinking of making a book for potential visitors to see.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive