Friday, July 22, 2011

Ask Elnora--About Redemption????Lenora Worth


Hello, my lovelies. Elnora has had a long, stressful week. We all have those weeks, don't we? Something good happens but something bad follows. I call this a "prayer and chocolate" week. Say a prayer and eat some chocolate. But it's Friday. Friday has a certain appeal to Elnora. It's a nice shopping day. Today, I'm attending "A Tea Party in the Pink" to raise awareness for the Susan G. Komen For the Cure. (Most of us know that's the cure for breast cancer.) We're supposed to wear hats. Now where did I put that Fascinator?? I am wearing pink because I want to celebrate with several friends who are survivors. But Elnora wears many hats--figuratively speaking. Wife, mother, friend, sister, writer, writer, writer. Speaking of writing, I was involved in a "fascinating" discussion this week about how a standard plot involves action, reaction, and apology and why this can make a book a page-turner.

Elnora believes this works because of redemption. We are all flawed so we all seek redemption. We also find redemption in others fascinating, right? We want to be there when someone admits they did wrong. We want to see them do the right thing and redeem themselves because this is a universal and time-honored thing. Redemption is intimate, thus allowing the reader in on this action, reaction, apology formula that happens all the time in real life. What do you think? Let's discuss this formula and my redemption theory. And more importantly, please tell me the remainder of my week can find redemption. I'm running out of chocolate!

9 comments:

  1. Does this mean the other half of the Clayton clan will see the error of their ways, apologize and find redemption?

    I enjoyed reading The Doctor's Family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to order The Doctor's Family and what a wonderful cover. I am hoping for redemption for the rest of those Claytons as well.

    I know about prayer and chocolate weeks. I am eating chocolate as I type and the good old Hershey's bars with almonds got me through my husband's surgery yesterday.

    On a serious note, redemption is one of the best things about being a Christian. Not only do we get second chances but we are always give the chance to see that things can work together for good, even our mistakes and misdeeds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post. My tagline has always read Romance, Risk, and Redemption. I'm gonna seriously be thinking about apology, too, now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm back from my luncheon and I've read your great comments. Those Claytons are a very good example of asking fit and needing redemption. We will have to see what happens. Thanks for the encouraging words on "The Doctor's Family ". I am full of scones and finger sandwiches. All of the ladies were so oretty in pink and wearing hats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's FOR not fit. Can't type on my phone. But the Claytons do tend to have fits!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elnora, you wear all your hats well and with panache!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lyn. Somedays I need a crash helmet!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love characters with lots of flaws because we can take the journey with them as they realize they need to change and find the courage to apologize and find redemption.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that's so true, Merrillee. We can believe in realistic characters. Julie, I hope your husband is doing okay. Sending prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive