Monday, May 2, 2011

Characters Wanted: Debra Clopton






Hi--Debra Clopton here! Seems like its been forever since I posted. I'm glad to be here today on Main Character Monday. I love, love, love creating main characters. I spend a lot of time trying to come up with main characters with quirks and problems that interest me. I love watching people and getting inspiration from variety ofCheck Spelling sources to roll into a character. In March Love Inspired rereleased my first two books THE TROUBLE WITH LACY BROWN and AND BABY MAKES FIVE. I still remember when I was coming up with those characters. Lacy Brown was a character that was so full of life and loved the Lord with all of her heart. When I created her I just went over the top on making her full of joy while also making her flawed in that her vivacious spirit that drew me to her was also what got her in trouble all the time.


When I created Lilly Tipps for the And Baby Makes Five I had her being raised by three man hating grandmas and her best friend was Samantha the donkey. :) It was such fun and 20 books later I'm still working on trying to make my main characters and secondary characters characters that interest me and you. On that same note, I enjoy watching TV shows with quirky characters, like Monk, and The Closer oh and I can't forget about Castle! Love those shows. Do you have any characters from books or from movies or TV that you love? I'd love to hear about them. Until next time live, laugh and seek God with all your heart. Debra Clopton


7 comments:

  1. I love the Anne of Green Gables characters: Anne, Gilbert, Matthew, Mirilla, Diana. They are some of my favorite characters of all time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linnette,
    I loved them too! Great characters. I read the books and then watched the series when it came out. Thanks for reminding me, its been awhile since I thought about those characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your characters and Mule Hollow. Great characters stick with you for a long time after you put the book down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and Baby makes five sounds cool I love the 3 men hating grandmas and her friend Samantha the donkey makes me need to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun, Debbie! You do an excellent job on characters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Y'all thanks for the comments. Jenny if you've never read And Baby Makes Five I think you would enjoy it. It is I believe one of my readers all time favorites. I have to bring Samantha back into my stories from time to time just to say hi to the readers. If you get the chance I hope you read and enjoy it. I met Samantha while dying an 18 hand tall show horse. Samantha the real donkey was getting into all kinds of trouble while I was working on this horse and I just had to make her the star of a book! Most everything she does in the book she really did in real life. It was so fun to build a romance around her.

    THank Margret and Missy for talking about the characters of my Mule Hollow series. I try!
    :)
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Rick Castle, Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan and Angela Pearly-Gates Montenegro Hodgins from Bones. Lucy Wiltshire from Save the Date, Maggie Montgomery from Just Between you and me by Jenny Jones. Cassia Carr from Million Dollar Dilemma by Judy Baer.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive