Sunday, January 23, 2011

His Country Girl Interview


Tucker Granger, from His Country Girl a January 2011 release by Jillian Hart.
 
1. Tucker, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
I'm recovering from being trampled by a bucking bronco. I've made a name for myself on the rodeo circuit, but now I'm mostly glad I'm up and walking with a cane. It was touch and go for awhile there, and I gave my dad quite a scare. My dad, Frank Granger, is a good man, and I don't want to give him more grief. That's why I've moved home to Wyoming to recuperate. Will I head back to riding broncs and bulls for a living? Well, I'm not sure about that just yet.

2. What do you do for fun?
When I'm not on the back of a bronc, I like to spend my time with my best buddy, Jack. Jack's my horse. Lately I've been hanging out with little Owen Baker, I was his charity wish when he was in the hospital for heart surgery. I'm teaching him to mutton bust, that's riding sheep. His mom is named Sierra. Don't tell anyone this, but I've had a crush on her for as long as I can remember.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?
Being serious. I like to avoid those mushy talks families have that involve a lot of feelings and end in "I love you." Which is probably why I'm still a bachelor.

4. What are you afraid of most in life?
Disappointing the people I love, mostly my dad, and I miss him. I've spent a lot of time away from home competing, partly because I like doing it but also because it helps me keep distance from those serious issues I don't like to face.

5. What do you want out of life?
I used to think it was to stay carefree and unattached, to let nothing and no one tie me down. But spending time with Sierra has changed all that. I'm falling in love and I can see a different future with marriage and putting down roots that last.

6. What is the most important thing to you? Family.

7. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
Westerns, cowboy and rodeo tales, suspense and mystery. I read a lot when I'm on the road. Jack likes me to read aloud to him. He enjoys mysteries the best.

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
That I dealt with my issues long ago and married Sierra when I had the chance.

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
I'm not sure Jack qualifies as a pet. In his opinion, he's far too important to be just a pet. So out of respect to him, I'll have to pick another animal. Buttercup is my family's pet cow. She's one sweet talking heifer. She's got me wrapped around her hoof. What a cutie.

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
I used to think I would go back to the point in time right before I got trampled by that bucking bronco so I could land on the other side of the horse and avoid dying on the arena floor for almost three minutes. But now I see that moment changed my life. I never would have been home to reconnect with Sierra or to come to love her son. I guess that means I would stay right where I am since my present is and my future looks like everything I could want.


One blessed commenter will recieve a book. Please leave an email address for Jillian to contact you.

Jillian grew up on her family's homestead in Washington state, where she raised cattle to pay for her college tuition, rode horses through the pristine foothills of the Cascade Mountain range and scribbled stories in her spare time. After earning an English degree from Whitman College (what better way to go through college than to constantly read books?), she traveled, worked in advertising, taught Sunday school and volunteered before becoming a writer. When she's not hard at work on her next story, Jill can be found chatting with a friend, stopping for a café mocha with a book in hand and spending evenings at home with her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive