Saturday, October 2, 2010

Heroine Interview from The Gingerbread Season in Mistletoe Prayers


Interview with the heroine from The Gingerbread Season by Betsy St. Amant in Mistletoe Prayers:

1. Allie James, tell me the most interesting thing about you. That’s easy – I love Christmas. I’m a true Christmas addict. I love the music, the lights, the snow, the shopping, the gifts, the family time—you name it. I even have an extra special childhood tradition at Christmas I’ve carried over into my adult life (to the amusement of my mother!) But you’ll have to read my book to find out what it is! ☺

2. What do you do for fun? If it’s Christmas time, I go caroling, skiing, sledding, or help my dad at his Christmas tree farm. I skipped coming home last Christmas , but I’m back this year and it’s going really well. I missed everyone more than I realized.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it? Trying something new. I have some self-esteem/security issues I’m working on, and its hard putting myself out there to try new things. I don’t handle failure well.

4. What are you afraid of most in life? Being alone. With the loss of my high school/college sweetheart and my long-time feud with my parents, I got a glimpse of that kind of bleak future and it scared me.

5. What do you want out of life? Contentment—in myself, for who I am. I’m learning that kind of contentment though can only come from God. Not through a boyfriend, the long-desired approval of your parents, or even a favorite holiday!

6. What is the most important thing to you? My family, for sure. We’ve been through a tough time these past few years and making up has shown me how much they really do mean to me.

7. Do you read? If so, what is your favorite type of book to read? I do, especially at Christmas when I can snuggle up in my favorite sweatshirt by the fire. I like fiction books, romance of course. Even though they’re hard to read when my own love life is in shambles…

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I tend to set lofty goals for myself, and need to remember that it’s not about pleasing others. Just pleasing God and doing what He has told me to do—not what I feel everyone else is telling me to do. ::Sigh:: Easier said than done.

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet? No, but I love animals. Maybe one day when I get settled.

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why? To the day Jordan broke my heart at the gazebo on Christmas Eve. I’d like to revisit that moment, as painful as it’d be, to try to understand him better. Maybe if I could redo that moment in time, I could save us both a lot of heartache. But all things happen for a reason…

1 comment:

  1. I love Christmas stories. thanks for the interview. Love the cover

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive