Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Memory needs power-up--Lenora Worth

I think my brain cells need to be plugged into a socket. I keep forgetting things. Things I have written on my calendar at that. I'm middle-aged and getting more forgetful every day, it seems. I knew today was my post day but somehow I got caught up in proofing one manuscript, creating a new proposal for another one and trying to get to the home stretch on one that's due next month. I think my brain can only process so much information. Not to mention social networking and trying to keep up with my favorite tv shows.

They say keeping your brain active is important in old age. Mine seems to be so active it can't find a spot for anymore information. I just took a walk outside since it's actually warm here today. My daffodils are blooming and some of the other bulbs are budding. Many of the spring shrubs and trees have buds on them, too. Maybe that's what I need--spring to come and rejuvenate my tired brain.

Am I the only one with these memory lapses???

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, Lenora....you are NOT alone, LOL!! I used to think it was just me, then all of my middle-aged friends would also mention forgetting things. I think we just have "information overload" and our poor brains can only handle so much! That's good you got some fresh air and saw some signs of Spring! (we've got daffodils blooming here in Georgia too, and just seeing them gives me a lift!). Blessings, Patti Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm there with you, Lenora! The only way I survive is to put everything in my cell phone calendar so that it beeps at me to give me reminders. :)

    I'm with Patti Jo in Georgia, enjoying the daffodils like you in LA! :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive