Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hero Interview from A Soldier's Reunion

Hero Interview from A Soldier's Reunion by Cheryl Wyatt:

1. Nolan Briggs, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
I have been in two branches of the military. I went into the Navy first and went through SEAL training. But now I'm in the Air Force as a special forces pararescuer. We are military skydiving paramedics who go after downed pilots and other allied servicemen and women.

2. What do you do for fun?
Anything high-octane. I love to hang with my team doing training ops every weekend. We like extreme sports and anything dangerous. I love scuba diving and skydiving better than anything in the world.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?
Saying I'm sorry. I really hate that. I try not to have a reason to have to do it. LOL!

4. What are you afraid of most in life?
I most fear losing one of my teammates and not being able to do anything about it. We are in a dangerous job and on any given work day, during a rescue, we could become bullet sponges trying to save someone else.

5. What do you want out of life?
I want to be successful at my job which is rescuing people. We also rescue civilians. I also am going to school to get my counseling degree so I can help post-combat soldiers and airmen and other military men and women through post traumatic stress.

6. What is the most important thing to you?
Right now I'd have to say God. I'm fairly new in my faith. I owe my relationship with God to a girl named Mandy. Haven't seen her in ten years and man, do I miss her. She may soon find out about my faith...and the fact that I've never fallen out of love with her. We were high school sweethearts. The author who created me tells me we meet again on a bridge collapse. I'm looking forward to seeing Mandy again and hopefully rekindling what we had. Also looking forward to letting her know her prayers all those years ago finally paid off.

7. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
Skydiving. Scuba diving. Military handbooks. Kettle ball and other fitness books because that's the kind of thing I like to do to keep in shape/top form for my job which is beyond physically demanding.

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
That I didn't try harder to find Mandy after she left for med school and I entered Air Force boot camp.

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
I have a pet, he's my roommate and fellow PJ Brockton Drake. OW! He just punched my arm. He's leaning over my shoulder reading this right now. (laughs)

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
Back to the time before Mandy and I knew we had to say goodbye. I'd give anything to see her smile one more time. We were blissfully in love and I miss her so much. Can't wait to walk into the pages of A Soldier's Reunion and see her again. I hope you enjoy our journey.

1 comment:

  1. Great interview with Nolan. Not sure why, but I love anything that involves Navy Seals or Special Forces. Maybe it's the tough and tender aspect of a man.

    Sounds like a great book.

    Sherry K
    love2stitch(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive