Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hero Interview from Texas Ranger Dad

Interview with the hero from Texas Ranger Dad by Debra Clopton:

1. Texas Ranger, Zane Cantrell, tell me the most interesting thing about you.

Actually, I’m an ex-ranger. I realized my life was short and I had…well, let’s just say I’ve had one thing in my life that I’ve regretted and I decided it was time to try and rectify that bad decision. I’ve just taken a job as Deputy Sheriff in a tiny Texas town called Mule Hollow. The woman I wronged 13 years ago lives there and it’s time for me to see if—well, frankly it’s time for me to seek her forgiveness. Back to your question though, I’d say my job was the most interesting thing about me. But then, my job was my life. I’m hoping I can change that though. Coming face to face with death gave me a new perspective and my hope is that I can use this second chance God has given me to make things right.

2. What do you do for fun?

I’ve worked mostly. But, every once in a great while, I might go to a friend’s ranch and take one of his horses for a ride. That didn’t happen often though. I’ve been on assignment so much that I have to keep my mind focused on keeping my assignments alive. I learned the hard way that one slip up, one distraction, can mean the difference in life or death. I take my responsibilities seriously so fun isn’t something I’d say I think about often.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?

Facing Rose.

4. What are you afraid of most in life?

Finding Rose and realizing that I’ve been right in thinking she only thought she loved me 13 years ago.

5. What do you want out of life?

What I want—to make things right by Rose. In a perfect world she’ll tell me she forgives me for what I did to her. She’ll tell me she loves me and wants to make a new start with me…but this is far from a perfect world. So if I can just make things right by her and let her know how much I regret my past actions then that’s what I want.

6. What is the most important thing to you?

Making things right by Rose.

7. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?

Can’t say that I’m much of a reader but I’ve read a little Zane Grey and I read my Bible fairly regularly.

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I’d say my stubbornness

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?

No. I was on the road too much.

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?

I’d go back to the day I let Rose down and I’d change it. I’d fix it to where she never knew I cared…that way maybe she wouldn’t have gotten hurt.

1 comment:

  1. Sure hope Rose makes Zane jump through hoops before she forgives him as I'm sure she will since this is a romance. It seems than many of us in the world today have the same problem Zane has -- saying to doing things that hurt others without intending to and living to regret it.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive