Sunday, January 18, 2009

Heroine's Interview from Mommy's Hometown Hero

Heroine's interview from Mommy's Hometown Hero by Merrillee Whren:

1. Rachel Charbonneau, tell me the most interesting thing about you.

One of my ancestors was a Sioux Indian maiden who married a French Canadian fur
trader.

2. What do you do for fun?
I haven’t done much for fun lately. My life has been all about my work. But now that
I’m back on the farm I intend to have fun by enjoying all the simple pleasures of
country life.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?

I put off making a permanent decision about what to do with the family farm I have
inherited. I think I want to sell it, but there are a lot of good things about the place that
I have forgotten since I’ve been away. But I also remember the bad times on
the farm. So I push that decision into the future.

4. What are you afraid of most in life?

I’m afraid of losing the people I love. I’ve already lost my parents and my husband. I
don’t think I can take losing anyone else.

5. What do you want out of life?

I want security, but I don’t know where I can find it. Friends here in South Dakota
seem to find security in God, but I didn’t find that security when my father died. So
I’m not sure I can find it now.

6. What is the most important thing to you?

The most important thing in my life is my daughter Becky. I want only the best things
for her. She is making me rethink my priorities.

7. Do you read? If so, what is your favorite type of book to read?

My reading mostly consists of television and movie scripts, but I’m beginning to read
the Bible again, since my friend Sarah has made a bargain with me that includes going
to church. She also gave me an inspirational romance that I enjoyed reading.

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I wish I didn’t worry so much. Although my career has gone well, my personal life
has been a mess. I wish I could have true peace of mind.

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?

I haven’t had a pet since I was a kid on the farm. After returning to the farm, my
daughter has begged me for one of the kittens that was born on the neighboring
farm. So now we have two of those kittens. And I surprised her with a horse for her
birthday.

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?

I would like to travel back to the time when my Native American ancestors roamed
the prairies in freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive