Sunday, January 11, 2009

Feeling like a proud grandma.

I'm so Proud of my boys...and horses.

The U.S. Army's 1st Infantry Division Commanding General's Mounted Color Guard at Fort Riley, Kansas has been invited to participate in the inaugural parade in Washington D.C.

I feel just like a proud grandmother!! As some of you know, I based a series of stories on this unique cavalry unit. In fact, my first Mounted Color Guard story, "The Color of Courage" was about the unit's efforts to save one of their injured horses and rehabilitate him in time for the inaugural parade.

These soldiers were wonderful to interview and to watch. Now the whole world gets to see them. Yeah!! You can read about them and see a video clip from the Wichita Eagle at the following link.
http://www.kansas.com/news/breaking/story/657302.html

It's amazing where the Lord leads us to find inspiration for our stories. Truly amazing.

Lately, I've been feeling down because of some health issues and all of the sudden I'm getting e-mails from people thanking me for telling them about the CGMCG and how they never would have known such a unit existed if it hadn't been for those Love Inspired books and how much they are looking forward to seeing them on T.V. I'd spend a minute patting myself on the back, but I know where my talent really comes from.

I think I'll just Thank Him, instead.
Bless you all.

Pat Davids

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing about this, Pat. Yes, the Lord always knows when we need a "lift" - - He is so gracious! I pray that your health issues will improve soon.
    Blessings from Georgia,
    Patti Jo Moore :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is so timely. I'm always so regretful when I don't credit God rightfully for the blessings and abilities in my life.

    This is a beautiful reminder.

    Hugs
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive